Monday, April 21, 2008

Bad adviser

Me: Ah Po, dun eat the……………. Its very unhealthy. There’s so much fats in it. You can get high blood cholesterol! Don’t eat la (in Cantonese) Later stroke how??!

Grandma: Just 2 pieces. I fried it till so CRUNCHY, the oils are all gone. No more, all the oil is gone! (insisted)

Me: Don’t eat...... Why you so stubborn wan??!

Grandma: It has been so long ago since i ate this.....

Just as you’re figuring out what on earth im talking about here.
Or maybe you already have some clue bout it.
.
.
.
Im talking about,
I mean we, both my grandma and I were talking bout............................
.
.
.
.
FRIED CHICKEN SKIN!!
.
.
OMG!!! CHICKEN SKIN!!??!

.
.
.
.
This conversation took place a few months back in Kuantan.
While i was having dinner with my grandma, i noticed that she actually fried 2 pieces of CHICKEN SKIN to eat.
.
.
Even with much persuasion,
my grandma insisted that the chicken skin is OIL FREE.
AND ATE IT!!!
.
.
The fried chicken skin is more of FREE OiL than OIL FREE chicken skin
.
.
I don’t deny that I eat chicken skin too (KFC).
But its too much, when someone eat it often.
.
It wasn't my 1st time seeing her eating fried chicken skin.
As she said, it has been long ago.
I just wander how long was long ago to her.
.
.
I must stress that i do not practice extreme healthy diet but
at least........
I tried to avoid those directly unhealthy food, IF POSSIBLE!
.
.
ALL YUMMY FOOD IS NOT HEALTHY
ALL HEALTHY FOOD IS NOT YUMMY!!
.
.
That’s what I told my grandma.
.
.
And guess what i bought today??!!
.
.
.
.
.
.
I bought......................
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

.
.
.
I BOUGHT FRIED CHICKEN SKIN to eat today!!!
.
.
.
.
.
I HATE MYSELF!!!

No comments: