Friday, February 8, 2008

Happy Chinese New Year

Today its the 2nd day of CNY and i've already loaded my stomach with lotsa lotsa food!!

All started at the Reunion Dinner at my uncle's place on 30th Chinese Lunar calendar

The typical CNY food served were
Shuin chow nga ku (leek fried arrow head)
Chu keok (pig's leg)
Ching Yu ( steam fish)
Chun Quen (pork roll)

and the highlight of the dinner was

A ROASTED PIG!!!

Yesss... you got it right, its a WHOLE ROASTED PIG (siu chu)....
I shot some pics of the process of cutting or more precise, chopping the chu.
Will upload as soon as i got the pics out of my phone...

Dinner of 1st day of CNY was at my "tai yi" house in Taman Desa.
Once again, makan lagi.
CNY is all about food.
Just cant imagine how CNY would be without food.
No food. No Chinese New Year.

Makan.. Makan..Makan..... till you're full and still makan!

Besides the main meal during dinner, cookies from those red jars are irresistible!

You name it, we have it.

First and foremost, of course the famous........ Fried "ngaku",
Honey hazel biscuits,
Peanut biscuits,
Green peas cookies,
Bee hive biscuits ( mai fung tou)
Fried ikan keropok from Kuantan aka my hometown,

Last but not least my favorita...... PINEAPPLE TARTssss!!!
which i really cant take my hands off the jar... EAting from home all the way to my aunt's house.

PINEAPPLE TARTS!!!

Its just so yummy.

Btw, what really tickles my taste buds wasn't the pineapple filling but the crust!!
The buttery taste just keeps me eating it.

Guess im gona look "healthier" or "fatt fook" after CNY.
But what the heck, its just once a year.

I'll just ignore the tummy for now and get rid of it after CNY!

May you have a WONDERFUL and HAPPY CHINESE NEW YEAR!!
GONG XI FA CHAI!!

No comments: