Monday, January 7, 2008

My Kampung...

Hometown Sweet Hometown

My hometown, non other than Kuantan.

The place where i used to hibernate during the long year-end holidays back in primary and secondary school years.



Picking up seashells were one of the norm activities I(as a small kid) used to do. I still remember vividly that my whole family include all aunties and uncles used to picnic at the beach.

Its really not a site you often seen where, people bring "mahjongs" to play during family picnic. But believe it or not.... those where what my aunties did!! It was really fun fun fun all i could describe while recalling those times. Just imagine having yummy yummy nasi lemak and bathing in the water of South China Sea. Lolz. I really miss those good times.

Besides that, Sungai Lembing is another must go place for me whenever i go back to Kuantan. Its my grandma's hometown, there's where my grandma's grandma from. I know it sounds like a real grandma story here. But if you love nature and serenity, this is the place. Frankly speaking, there's not many place to go here. The most were a jade cave to visit.

However, what really attracts me is the real "kampung style" of life here. Kidz here ride motorcycles around town and its real kids around 12 years old. Its cool.

I know it sounds bore and quite in this town.....
But then again if you ask....

What do i often do in Sungai Lembing?
1. Fishing by the river. You can find rare breed of fighting fish here.

2. MAkan-makan. I love edible frogs and this dish in the town are fresh from the mountains. Besides, Sungai Lembing is famous for its superbly smooth taufu.... As smooth as "tau hu fa"

3. Jalan-jalan masuk kebun. CAri-cari, makan buah. There's green Mr. Thorny, REd Mr. Hairy and Ms. Purple in the kebun. All just behind the house and when its the fruitie-tuttie seasons, its like raning fruits from the sky. Too much to be picked till some got rotten on the ground.

If you thought of visiting mua hometown, pls let me know.
I'll be more than happy to be a volunteer tour guide with special charges =p

No comments: