Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dumpling Aunty

There is this yong tau fu restaurant that my family and i frequent at Ampang. Its a famous restaurant operated for more than three decade by two generations.
.
Besides the yummy food which always scribble in my memory. There is an "infamous" dumpling aunty who draws a more vivid memory.
.
She's a regular dumpling seller at the shop. She walks around every table with a tray of dumpling in hand. Although i don't always buy from table-to-table seller. However if its an old grandma or grandpa selling, i would support most of the time.
.
.
But not for this dumpling aunty.
.
I remembered there was once she showed us an angry frowning face when we rejected to buy her dumpling. I was taken aback. At first,she aprroached our table with a very smilley face but when we said "No, next time perhaps". Her facial expression changed immediately. IMMEDIATELY!
.
It makes me think. How many poker face have i seen today or perhaps everyday??