Friday, May 16, 2008

Please advice me!!

Two years back I was at a cross road, figuring out if I were to go Johor for UTM or stay back in KL for TARC to futher my study.

I’ve decided back then.

TARC it is!
Staying in KL and close to my family.

I wander if I had made the right choice
I wander how would it be if I went for it

2 years passed……..
And now again, im at a cross road,

I have to make another decision.

A decision which will not make me look back and regret
A decision which will lead my future!

And most importantly,

A decision which I have to decide on myself!

I have 2 option, be it A or B I know my mom will surely support me.

Even if she does not comment much or don’t know what to comment, I know in her heart, im always her love.

So now…..

a) Should I go UK?
b) Should I not go UK?

Next month next year I’ll be in UK at this time, that if I go.

Some background for those who are still in the cloud of what im talking here.

My current college has a collaboration with the John Moores Liverpool University, UK.
They offer summer topup courses which will take place in June-September 2009
This course will allow me obtain a Degree in Business Management on top of the Advanced Diploma im taking now.

Of course, it sounds so fun and interesting to to study oversea.
United Kingdom that im talking about.
I could go for a Europe tour, meet some new friends and even get a handsome, good looking ang moh boyfriend there.
How sweet all these sounds.

But on top of all this, the main concern would be the PRICE TO PAY!
With my current savings, its way to go to make it to UK.

If I were to take a loan, will I be debt ridden when im back from UK??

Anyway, it’s a handsome price of RM40,000 that will cover everything in UK, inclusive of accommodation, flight ticket and tuition fees.

RM40,000 may not be a big sum but for me who comes from an average family with a single parent.

It’s a lot!

If I were to go, I have to get a loan, look for a financial aid.

If I do not go, I would be holding an Advanced Diploma ONLY and there may be chances or HUGE chances I’ll regret in future…

Im so in dilemma.
Argh.....

Should I GO or NOT GO?

HELP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>HELP!!!

Any available financial aid for suggestion??

Or even BETTER if you want to give me an interest-free loan.
BEST of all, DO YOU WANT TO SPONSOR ME FOR THIS???

Hahahahhhhh….. =)

Please advice me!!

5 comments:

M00nie said...

i think better not go to UK. For first, with that amount of money, you could have finance a whole degree course. Yes, indeed going to UK is such a wonderful thought. Coming back as a UK grad and sorts. And the experience u might get in UK. Yes, it's fabulous.

Let's say in some way you are able to obtain some kind of loan with low interest. Indeed you'd enjoy urself for that 3 months ... But 3 months and that's it.

when you're back, u'd be a hot UK grad with 40,000 + interest debt. When you start working, a huge amount of money will be deducted from your pay. And what would your starting pay be ? 2,200 ? after deducting your loan payments, expenses etc etc, what would you have left ?

Isn't there any alternative where you can complete a degree using ur advance diploma here in malaysia ? I'm sure you could use ur advance diploma qualification for entrance into degree level 2,3 or something.

so that's my 2 cents worth.

chian nv said...

some of my friends and ex-collegues went to uk, but after they've worked one or two years...
mayb u can delay ur plan to save money first?cz d programme still available if u nvr go immediately ater graduate..

Anonymous said...

if i am not mistaken, if you have a advanced diploma from TARC, the only way to obtain ur degree is to get it from UK. yes, no doubt 40K is a lot to spend, especially from your family, but in my opinion, a degree is very important.

you might have known, i am currently working in HR of United Overseas Bank. I have somehwat seen the difference of having a degree, and just an advance diploma. no doubt you may get a decent job with an adv dip, but with a degree, its way easier.

IF you can obtain a loan, go ahead. Try looking around for sources now, better early than later. I am sure TARC have sources for their students to take loan to go overseas.

overseas experience is something not every has an opportunity to get. you will not regret your stint there, as i;m pretty sure you will do some travelling around europe after the completion of ur degree. getting there is expensive, but once ur there, the whole europe is yours to access at a very cheap price!

this is somewhat a once in a lifetime opportunity. yes, you may have debts to pay when u come back, but that is the price to pay. I am sure if you manage your money well, you will be able to pay the debts of a few hundered (at least) per month.

with no disrespect to Moonie (angela?), my opinion is the totally opposite. if you need a job when you come back, let me know. I may be able to help you get one. current starting pay for fresh grads in UOB is RM2,600.

well, i hope that you eventually will make the best decision. but nothing beats the experience of studying overseas and you will come back with a wealth of experience that not everybody (even me!) has. good luck...

Janette Tang said...

Hie Moonie,Chian NV & ML

Thanks for your advice!
Im still considering now, will seek further help from my lecturer before i make my final decision, yet i still have alot of time =)

Will think hard bout all the consequences that moonie mentioned. Thanks again!

Sue Lin said...

I'd sat GO Sook Yee! Go!

And why banks pay so much to fresh grads? I feel so kecewa with accounting big 4 firms =(