Monday, August 4, 2008

Growing up

Childhood times at Cherating, Kuantan.

I wish to grow up quickly when i was young. Wanting to be an adult as soon as possible. I remember vividly my cousin brother who wants to grow up quickly too. The only reason. He wants to drive his dad's car. He took his driving license immediately once he reaches the qualifying age. Its so much fun talking bout it now. A child can be so childish.
.
Kids never want to be kids. And now am an adult, i don't want to be an adult so quickly. How indecisive a human can be. For me, driving was not the main catalyst that i wana boom from a kid to an adult. But the going-out license that trigger me. I know im silly. But i bet it happen to you too =p I can still recall, going out of the house was NOT an easy TASK. Its even more difficult than running away form a police traffic. First, you have to give your physical contribution. Be a very nice mummy's gurl out of the blue moon. Do the chores of the house, be a goodie gurl who fold the clothes without being asked, mop the floor as if i so want to do it and wash the car (exaggerated, i don't wash car). Next, you have to ASK!! Ask gently and softly to the authority to grant the permit to go out with your friends. The humour is that after all these hard work, there's no certainty on the permit! Anyway, of course being my mom for years, she ain't blind or stupid to understand the reason behind my goodie act =D I just have to say, who can understand their offspring better than mom??
.

All in All, its not an easy phase for my mom to let me off her hands. Sometimes, there are furious argument over such issue. Growing up of a child would mean losing a child for most mom. Back then i never realised what all these mean. Looking back at it now, i knew it would be lonely for my mom to lose me. Her only companion to go market and shopping for groceries. Her only companion to the bank and have chores done at home. Sigh. I miss those days which my mom will carry my school bag while walking home. How nice it could be if she can still carry my bag in college. Textbooks are heavy. Hahahahh.... I miss those days which my mom and i used to hold hands to cross the road. I know. I know i can still hold my mom's hand now. Once i attempted but failed. She crossed the road even before i can held her hand. LoL.

No comments: